Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1

Starting weigh-in: 162.4 - oy. Not a good number, but it shall come down. 

Intake:
Breakfast @ 9:30am:
Kirkland Maple Oatmeal  160 cals
Nature Valley granola bar 190 cals

Then worked out from 1:30-3:30

Snack @ 3:30pm: Chobani blueberry yogurt (after workout) 140 cals

Lunch/dinner @ 4:30:
Bowl of 김치 볶음밥 :( Joy had made some and I couldn't help my self 400?
Salad and broccoli with balsamic vinegar with 갈비찜 set that Kkokko made 400?

Then took a nap and didn't wake up til 9, so no carbs... I wanted more yogurt or fruit so I had tea instead

Exercise:
I was going to go to judo today but I was so tired all day that I decided to nap and just go on Wednesday.
  • ~30 min? of strength training, but did mostly the large muscle groups.
    • Leg press and calf raises @ 120lbs, Low row @ 50lbs, HS Leg curl, Abductor, Adductor, Rear delt, pull up machine 3x5
  • 83 minutes on the treadmill. Mix of incline walking at 3.0-3.5 speed from 5.0-20.0 incline, and running for about 8-10 minutes at 5.0/5.1, then later did some 1 minute speed intervals at 6.0, 6.5, 6.8, 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0 speeds @3.0 incline with walking in between. ~5.5 miles total and 700 cals burned.
    • I was surprised I lasted so long. I was so tired at first but then I think the endorphins kicked in and I had more energy. The last portion of the 83 minutes was mostly walking though because I wanted to continue watching Dr. Oz haaha.
  • 11:00pm
    • 12 min Enviga  pack ab workout - I liked this one. First half was standing and the floor exercises were good and not too tedious
    • 20 minute Nicole Stewart Total Body Pilates
Speaking of Dr. Oz, some things I learned today.
"Thanking yourself thin"
According some research and Dr. Oz even recreated he experiment, people who took the time and imagined eating all the food in front of them ended up eating less because the part of the brain that gets excited from food and cravings decreases after about the 20th bite of food so by doing the imagination thing and really thinking about your fofod, your brain gets satiated and prevents you from overeating and getting satisfied earlier. I need to try this.

Also to bust crankiness: Folic acid, Milk, Chocolate, but best of all exercise.

When you lose your voice: slippery elm

1 comment:

  1. Wow Susan!
    Keep up the great work! You can do it~Hooray for Susan! KkoKko :)

    ReplyDelete